Spikeball is looking for an experienced Warehouse Supervisor to oversee and coordinate the daily warehousing activities at our distribution center in Bradley, Illinois. This job will require you to be onsite 95% of the time. You will implement production, productivity, quality and customer service standards and achieve the appropriate level of volume within time limits. Ultimately, this position should be able to ensure that daily operations meet and exceed daily performance expectations. As Spikeball’s warehouse supervisor, you’re on the front line of communication with both our Operations and USA Spikeball teams.
Warehouse Supervisor Job Duties:
- Meets warehouse operational standards by contributing warehouse information to strategic plans and reviews; implementing production, productivity, quality, and customer-service standards; resolving problems; identifying warehouse system improvements. Spikeball is committed to providing world class service that goes beyond our customers’ expectations.
- Moves inventory by scheduling materials to be moved to and from our warehouse; coordinating inventory transfers with related departments.
- Maintains storage area by organizing floor space; adhering to storage design principles; recommending improvements. Do you have an idea to improve a process or workflow? Thinking outside the box is strongly encouraged at Spikeball.
- Maintains inventory by conducting monthly physical counts; reconciling variances; inputting data.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading technical publications. Spikeball encourages both personal and professional growth that allows you to grow with the company.
- Determine staffing levels and assign workload based on expected and actual sales volume. As the sport continues to grow, Spikeball experiences high-volume sales spikes throughout the year. You, as the warehouse supervisor, need to recognize when additional staffing needs to be coordinated and supervised to ensure we maintain exceptional standards.
- Maintain items record, document necessary information and utilize reports to project warehouse status.
- Identify areas of improvement, adjust existing work procedures, as well as establish innovative practices. How can you ensure that not only is Spikeball’s warehouse built for the now but also prepared for one, three, and five years from now!
- Plan, organize, and participate in daily warehouse operations, including the receipt, documentation, storage, and maintenance of inventory.
- Train, supervise and evaluate the performance of assigned warehouse employees; assign workloads to warehouse workers.
- Route, schedule, pack and prepare orders for delivery; load vehicles; schedule and oversee deliveries and pick-ups.
- Monitor automated warehousing system; operate a computer to enter data, correct errors and control key screens as required.
Warehouse Supervisor Skills and Qualifications:
Supervision, Safety Management, Data Entry Management, Dependability, Reporting Skills, Analyzing Information, Deadline-Oriented, Time Management, Equipment Maintenance, Organization, Fast-paced
- Proven work experience of 2-5 years as a warehouse supervisor
- High energy that is committed to service Spikeball’s awesome customer base
- Highly effective supervisory skills and techniques
- Knowledge of warehouse software packages and MS Office proficiency
- Strong project management skills; hands-on commitment to seeing a project and job done in a given deadline
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Proven ability to direct and coordinate operations
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Compliancy and understanding of OSHA guideline and regulations
- Work is performed while standing, sitting and/or walking
- Requires bending, squatting, crawling, climbing, reaching
- Requires the ability to lift, carry, push or pull medium weights, up to 50 pounds
- Requires activities involving being around moving machinery and exposure to dust and fumes
Fit with Spikeball’s Core Values:
1. Trust. Give it until you shouldn't.
2. Improve. Always be learning.
3. Drive change and question the
4. Surprise and delight.
5. Don't be a jerk.
6. Have fun. Play often.
7. Build a diverse community to
guide us. Grow together.
8. Own it.
Why Work For Spikeball?
Autonomy. You are a driven, highly motivated person. You don’t need someone constantly peering over your shoulder. It’s up to you to determine how you will achieve your goals. We’ll support you as much as you want. We will get out of your way so you can do the brilliant things that we know you’re capable of.
Fortune 500-like benefits package.
- 401k with match-- the day you start.
- Generous health/dental insurance package
- Paid vacation policy: take as much time as necessary (work really really hard and relax often)
- Competitive compensation with the ability for merit increases after 18 months tenure.
- Paid time off for Birthdays (You were born.. life isn't easy.. you deserve it! )
- Time off during the day (Want to work out or hit a yoga class at lunch? Go for it!)
- $500 desk and productivity allowance. (Get what you need to dress up your work space and be productive)
- Macbook Air or Macbook Pro.
- Flexible work environment. After 18 months tenure have the opportunity to live where you want and work remotely. (Assuming your position at the company is conducive to this work environment perk.)
- $1,000 stipend after 18 months tenure for bucket list adventure travel.
- Free registration to all tournaments run by Spikeball Inc.
- $500 donation to the charity of your choice in your name at the end of each year
- $500 yearly "continuous improvement stipend for employee education and learning opportunities
- Extended Maternity and Paternity leave.
- Help create the next great American sport.
- Even though we are nearly 8 years old, we are still in the early days. Your efforts will directly impact the entire business.
- Most importantly- Spikeball sets, hats, shorts, socks, stickers and anything else we make. :)